Triggered directly after weight lifting

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Wals, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Wals

Wals New Member

Weight lifting/running/exercise have always been frontline replacement behaviours for my addiction - and a way of training my brain to relish what I can do in the REAL world, vs in front of a screen.
    However, the last few times I've casually slipped have almost always f0llowed working out - images I haven't thought of in years flood my mind and I test them to see how they affect me. Perhaps the rush of testosterone after lifting?

Do any of you experience this? Have you been successful in combating urges? I'd love to hear anything you have to say on this matter.

2. Phoenix 207

Phoenix 207 New Member

lifting weights has always left me feeling horny after. I want to work out as part of a new lifestyle but, am worried it will leave me feeling frustrated and tempted. What to do?

3. Bauldr

Bauldr Member

Is there anything you can do directly after, which doesn't involve being at home?

Such as going to the gym directly before work, go to a friends house for an hour after the gym, go take care of chores/shopping you need to do after working out?

Also keeping your blood sugar up will help willpower, have a shake with a piece of fruit at the end of your workout. Perhaps if you can't keep yourself busy straight after the gym, take a 20 minute power nap. The energy boost may help you make better decisions.

4. matthewmammothrept

matthewmammothrept Administrator Staff Member

May be a sign that your brain is healing. The sexual imagery is a cathartic release before healing occurs. It makes sense that this can happen during stressful situations... its a good thing you are aware of this happening as you can now take steps to protect yourself, such as finishing your workouts with cold showers.