Just turned 40! Three years clean from PMO, but the struggle goes ever on.

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by SRL, Jan 3, 2017.

1. SRL

SRL Member

This. Same here, brother. I feel you. Thanks for the kind words, and SRL!

2. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

It's definitely the action, and the dopamine rush you get from the action. It's the seeking. :)

SRL likes this.
  3. SRL

SRL Member

Okay, everyone — day nine of no peeking or VTM indulgences is underway. Let's do this. Sending SRL to all!

4. SRL

SRL Member

Well said, sir! Thanks again. :)

SRL!

5. SRL

SRL Member

Okay -- we're into day 13 of no peeking or VTMs. All is going well. I'm a little groggy from an outing yesterday, but otherwise, all systems are nominal. :)

SRL

6. SRL

SRL Member

Day 14 is underway.

SRL!

7. Rex

Rex PMO free is the only way it's going to be for me.

2AqutHuq,

Congrats on your 13 days! You are doing well, keep fighting the good fight!

Rex

SRL likes this.
  8. SRL

SRL Member

All righty -- day 15 of no peeking or VTMs is underway. Let's do this!

SRL!

9. BeyondReady

BeyondReady Member

Great job!

SRL likes this.
  10. SRL

SRL Member

Day 16 underway. Yesterday was tough, but I soldiered through. SRL!

11. BeyondReady

BeyondReady Member

Great to hear you made it through yesterday. Tough days suck but you did it!

SRL likes this.
  12. SRL

SRL Member

Mind is wandering this morning. Whenever I encounter a problem at work I can't solve immediately, my mind wanders to peeking at P or soft-P imagery. It's a time-wasting death by a thousand paper-cuts.

Anyway, just dropping in to say howdy and that I love everyone here. :)

@BeyondReady Thanks for the kind words!!!!!

SRL

13. Rex

Rex PMO free is the only way it's going to be for me.

2AqutHUq,

Good job of decoding your PMO urges! This is one of my triggers that has been responsible for me falling into PMO. It was these day-to-day stresses that in the past led me to fall into PMO, I used PMO for many years to try to deal with these stresses. Even during my last 13 days of freedom from PMO, I have noticed when these type of stresses pop up, I found the mind trying to get me to fall into PMO to deal with these stresses. I didn't fall for the bait.

Keep up the great work keeping sober!

Rex

SRL likes this.
  14. SRL

SRL Member

Bad news, everyone! I slipped and peeked yesterday. No big. My day was mostly clear, but I definitely wound up someplace I shouldn't have been.

Back to one, everybody. Check the gate. Let's try for another streak of no P-peeking and no giving in to VTMs. :)

SRL

15. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

SRL, I've peeked for a few very short seconds about every 6 to 8 weeks during this reboot. Isn't that crazy? No relapses, but the pull hits out of nowhere sometimes...glad I don't go down the rabbit hole anymore...not that I couldn't, I realize that.

SRL likes this.
  16. SRL

SRL Member

Okay, day two of no peeking. SRL!

17. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

18. SRL

SRL Member

Hey, I meant to respond to this. First, thank you for your kindness and candor. It's crazy, isn't it -- how even after all this time, our brains are still primed to receive this kind of input?

Hang in there -- we got this!

SRL

19. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

I find it fascinating and scary at the same time. But yep, we got it.

SRL likes this.
  20. SRL

SRL Member

Hangin' tough with the new no-peeking at P streak. Starting day five here. Getting back into meditation. Hewing more closely to a daily to-do list.

SRL, all!