Adventures on Planet Shame

Discussion in 'Ages 25-29' started by Caesura, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Caesura

Caesura Member

So... got a job now. It's hard and not prestigious, but I enjoy it sometimes.

Haven't gone on any more dates.

I don't like myself much. I'm self-sabotaging and not a good enough person.

2. chrism

chrism It's time to make a change.

Great to hear you’ve got yourself a job.

If you enjoy it sometimes that a good thing, I know many people hate their jobs.

How are you self sabotaging?

3. Caesura

Caesura Member

I don't let myself have much fun or success in my personal life. On the job I'm pretty good, but when I get home, I enter self-denial mode.

Won't let myself have hobbies or build any marketable skills, especially. It's out of my control.

Right now, I'm also exhausted and weak from work, so that gives me a better reason.

4. chrism

Ah yeah I know the feeling.

When I’m down it’s like I feel as though I have to be hard on myself.

Not let myself enjoy anything because I have been such a failure. This then leads me to feel worse, to feel hopeless and then I relapse. It’s a vicious cycle.

Have you had hobbies in the past? If so what were they?

5. Caesura

Caesura Member

I'm not gonna get too specific about my past hobbies. I'm trying to not give details that someone could use to identify me, while also sharing just enough for some therapeutic value.

6. Mobc1990

Mobc1990 Beat my old habit and start new habit

Why are you so afraid of people identifying your past.I mean I hope it isn’t a symptom of schizophrenia.I guess your not a murderer or rapist,not many people have a glorious past and I had a unhealthy past also,but when people find out or when I talked,I actually feel better within

Btw,I am off meds already and been doing okay.Just abit of insomnia and really not much mental illness.

7. chrism

Yeah I agree with what mobc is saying. I think many people in the world have a large number of interests that will overlap many other people.

I wouldn’t worry too much about people identifying you. I mean for the most part if someone was trying to find you on the internet they’d probably do it with social media. I’d say it’s very unlikely that some some who piece together the small details and locate you here.

But fair enough. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Maybe just have a think about the past hobbies you enjoyed and see if one of them is possible to pick up again.

Good luck man.