A Long Way to Go

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by JohnQ, Oct 28, 2017.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

It’s been a while since I’ve entered anything in my journal. I am still suffering from no libido although I feel really good otherwise. I have good spirits, feel healthy and have plenty of energy. It seems odd to me that this flatline has been going on this long, the further I get away from PMO the deeper the flatline. My wife and I haven’t had sex in several weeks. First a cold she had got in the way but my lack of interest hasn’t helped. It’s like the further from sex I have gotten the easier it is to stay away. I’ve been wondering if sex would help jump start things. I’m still hopeful that this flatline will end soon and I do feel optimistic.

2. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

I wouldn't let it go on too long, bud. Jump her bones and reestablish that you are a guy who needs his needs met. It's easy to fall back into the status-quo, a place that we all know sucks. The libido will come back. There's a thread somewhere, I think Gabe started it in Success Stories, and it deals with libido.

3. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

Saville,
    Thanks for the advice. I’m feeling a little more energy, let me explain. I went to the gym on Wednesday and one of the women that teaches pilates was lifting weights near me. She is very attractive, well actually beautiful. I had done one of her classes a few times over the winter. I’m always very careful at the gym to not look at any of the women. Get this, she had her earbuds in and was talking to someone on her iPhone while lifting, but went out of her way to get my attention, smile and say hello. Just that, nothing else, but I definitely enjoyed the attention. The past three months I wouldn’t have felt anything. Later that night I did my wife. It was really great sex. I’m still dealing with DE but I felt really energized and very sensitive. Maybe it was the attention of the pilates instructor or maybe it just took some time to get out of my funk but this week I’m definitely feeling more libido. If I had to guess it just took time for my libido to return and noticing the instructor was just an indication of libido returning. I would have to acknowledge that it is possible that these things have a positive reinforcing effect; a positive feedback loop. You know, your libido comes back a little, a pretty pilates instructor says hi and you feel a little something then you just have to bone your wife and then your feeling great the rest of the week.

I will see if I can find the tread on libido. I know I’m not out of the woods yet.

Saville likes this.
  4. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

That's similar to what I had going on. The sensitivity started coming back and was like "wow, I can feel something in the dick!" Everyone's different in terms of time line, but you're getting their, bud! :)