28yo - PIED, anxiety, recovering with a girl

Discussion in 'Ages 25-29' started by JustADude, Nov 2, 2014.

1. JustADude

JustADude Member

Thank you chrism, always good to hear encouragement. Good luck to you too!

As for my current plan: no PMO, no MO, no counting days because given previous preconditions it doesn't matter anyway. Only sexual activity that I'll allow myself to have will be one with my girlfriend.
    She is really distant right now. She used to tell me she loves me every day, we hugged, kissed and fooled around all the time. Not anymore. I can't blame her. I think there's a strong chance she'll leave me in a matter of days/weeks. Until then I'll do anything I can to keep her.

2. straightlines

straightlines New Member

Stay strong dude, the usual path to success is by failure. You've (re)reached the first stage which is acceptance, now to make the effort to kill it off once and for all. you've been here once and conquered it so you''ve got a working template to go on again.

JustADude likes this.
  3. chrism

chrism It's time to make a change.

Totally agree with straightlines.

You have beaten this before, so you know you can do this. Keep looking forward, work on other aspects of your life and try to put the P thoughts out of your mind.

I have also been in a very similar situation to you, I recovered from PMO addiction while I was with my Ex, but due to a number of factors it the addiction took hold again. I feel your pain.

Hang in there bud and remember the best thing is to communicate and give her space if she needs it.

good luck man

JustADude likes this.
  4. JustADude

JustADude Member

Thank you guys, really appreciated :)

I find this dissonance between rational thinking and fulfilling the urge quite fascinating.
    I mean, I was kind of aware of what I was doing, but I felt like I was in the back seat when something else was driving me. I was able to convince myself that it wasn't that bad, one time won't hurt me, also second time, and third, and oh who cares, I'm just feeling great right now, it can't be that harmful. Have you felt similar or was your mechanism of going back different?

5. chrism

chrism It's time to make a change.

Hey man,

Yeah I'd say it was a combination of auto pilot, being complacent and over confident and curiosity.

I was sort of saying to myself oh I've fixed myself, I know what I'm doing and I won't get to the point I was before I bacame a full addict.

Now I know that I need to remember that this s is my addiction. This is the thing I need to stay away from for the rest of my life.

I am single now (unrelated to the P addiction) and just trying my best to stay clean and start a new chapter in my life. When I am clean I am so much better at life. I do regret all the wasted time and energy I had put into PMO but can only look forward and do it better this time.

Good luck man, I hope you can sort it with your gf.